Partners marrying in Northern Ireland have actually a range of either a spiritual ceremony or perhaps a civil ceremony (that will be conducted either with a registrar or even a Humanist celebrant). The initial plans are equivalent for both forms of wedding.
Any a couple can marry in Northern Ireland so long as:
- both are in minimum 16 years old regarding the of their marriage – anyone under 18 will need permission from their parent or guardian, or if suitable, a court order to allow the marriage to go ahead day
- they’re not regarding one another in a means which may prevent their marrying
- these are typically unmarried (any marriage that is previous were ended by divorce or separation, death or annulment)
- they may not be regarding the sex that is same
- these are typically with the capacity of comprehending the nature of a married relationship ceremony and of agreeing to wedding
There are specific problems that apply to anybody who is under immigration control. Which means if you should be perhaps not really A uk, eea (European financial Area) or Swiss nationwide.
Forms of relationships where wedding is illegal
Wedding may possibly not be feasible in the event that events are associated, by bloodstream, use, step-parent relationship or surrogacy.
Associated by bloodstream or use
A guy might maybe maybe maybe not marry their:
- adoptive mother or previous adoptive mom
- used child or previous used child